backdrop

The Kerr Family

The Kerr Family

We are the Kerr's

Hi, we are the Kerr Family. Our story began when I met Sam in College. By no means was it love at first sight, but through the years we realized we could not live without each other. So, May 15, 2004, we tied the knot. In our first years of marriage, we were both in graduate school, which meant we were short on money and free time. Somehow, we still managed to have the time of our lives! About the time we were getting ready to graduate and planning how we would spend our newfound time and money, we got a little surprise. While we thought that being pregnant at that time was less than ideal, it turned out to be the most amazing thing that could ever happen to us! Ayden Kennedy Kerr was born August 18, 2006. This time, it certainly was love at first sight! He changed our lives in a way I never knew possible. Sam and I really didn't have a clue as to what we were doing but somehow we all survived! A year later, Sam made a forced career change (more on that another day) that put our marriage to the test. It was probably the tallest hurdle we have jumped to date. The important thing is, we did make it over and kept on running! In 2008, we moved from our tiny little house into our dream house (at least it was at the time). Another year flew by and then there were four. Beckham Samuel Kerr was born August 26, 2009. Once again, it was love at first sight. Almost Two years have passed since then and I am so excited to fill you in on all the details as they come to me! Stay tuned.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Festivities

The boys, especially Ayden, have been looking forward to Father's day for a while.  We did the total cliche theme for Father's Day this year... everything golf!  Which, by the way, is very appropriate since just last week, Sam took golfing for the first time!
I framed this picture of Sam from our trip to hawaii in May of 2009.  I took it while he was golfing in Poipu Bay www.poipubaygolf.com.  

I took the boys Academy to pick out their gifts.  Of course they both went straight for the golf balls.  The Tee's were a big hit as well.  We ended up with some OU golf balls, a giant bag of golf tee's, a golf glove, Shorts, and a golf shirt.  Ayden could not wait for Sam to get up and open his gifts.  


Bob came over for a Father's Day Brunch.  I made breakfast casserole, banana bread, fruit salad, mimosas and of course bacon.  Because no father's day meal is complete without bacon!  It was a great celebration of a fabulous dad!  As with every Father's Day, It was a little bitter sweet.  As happy as I am to celebrate and recognize the wonderful father of my children, I do wish my own dad could be with us.  He would get the biggest kick out of seeing the boys and I know they would adore him!



I know, I know, it is not my day.  But, Beckham did decide to give me a little gift of my own... A little poopy in the potty!  I'm not kidding myself.  I know we have a long way to being "Potty Trained"  but this is a wonderful start!  Go Beckham!

No comments:

Post a Comment