backdrop

The Kerr Family

The Kerr Family

We are the Kerr's

Hi, we are the Kerr Family. Our story began when I met Sam in College. By no means was it love at first sight, but through the years we realized we could not live without each other. So, May 15, 2004, we tied the knot. In our first years of marriage, we were both in graduate school, which meant we were short on money and free time. Somehow, we still managed to have the time of our lives! About the time we were getting ready to graduate and planning how we would spend our newfound time and money, we got a little surprise. While we thought that being pregnant at that time was less than ideal, it turned out to be the most amazing thing that could ever happen to us! Ayden Kennedy Kerr was born August 18, 2006. This time, it certainly was love at first sight! He changed our lives in a way I never knew possible. Sam and I really didn't have a clue as to what we were doing but somehow we all survived! A year later, Sam made a forced career change (more on that another day) that put our marriage to the test. It was probably the tallest hurdle we have jumped to date. The important thing is, we did make it over and kept on running! In 2008, we moved from our tiny little house into our dream house (at least it was at the time). Another year flew by and then there were four. Beckham Samuel Kerr was born August 26, 2009. Once again, it was love at first sight. Almost Two years have passed since then and I am so excited to fill you in on all the details as they come to me! Stay tuned.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

OK, OK, I know I am so far behind!  This seems like the fastest year of my life!  The boys celebrated their birthdays (5 week ago).  They truly are growing up before my eyes!  Ayden turned 5 though he acts like he is ten.  The one to swallow is Beckham.  How can he be two?  Not my baby! This year we did a joint party.  With birthdays only 8 days apart, I really didn't want to plan two parties.  It took a little convincing to get Ayden to agree.  He was hoping for a Star Wars party, but when I told him the Cat in the Hat party would come complete with Spaghetti Eddie (a local kids band), he was all in!  As I usually do, I just about killed myself planning and preparing.

I spent hours and hours making these darling party hats.  I used scrapbook paper and boas.  I was completely bummed when none of the kids wanted to wear them.  Oh well, I guess they make cute decorations!

Mom made the boys red and white hats.  Beckham loved his, but Ayden wouldn't wear his.

Spaghetti Eddie was the hit of the party.  The kids did some serious boogieing!




It turned out to be and incredible party.  To see how happy my sweet boys were makes all the stress, late nights, and hours of preparation completely worth it.  Happy birthday my darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment